Monday, November 14, 2011

Beds and growing up

A few months back when LO was 5 months old, he began to hold on to the sides of his cloth crib and to roll on one side to look over the edge. He also did not have much space to stretch or move around in it. I tried in vain to ignore these symptoms. Yes, him growing out of the crib. But eventually I had to include him in our big bed.

I asked Yogesh to fold the crib and put it in the overhead storage space. He did it in no time.
And there I was heartbroken, standing and staring the empty space. Till today I had bumped my toe so many times on the edge of the crib and cried out in pain. I had tried to find places where I could keep the crib so that I won’t fall over it. And now I couldn’t imagine him not in the crib there. Shouldn’t I be happy that my baby is growing up! But then, I would miss him being so little too! What an emotional mess a mom can be.
Today LO occupies nearly 50% of the space on our bed, changing angles, sprawling his hands and legs in whatever direction he wants until one of us is cornered or thrown off the bed altogether, to sleep on the mattress on the floor! So far so good…

No comments:

Post a Comment