Monday, November 28, 2011

Weekend wedding, Arya's talk, and the pampering!

I got silver kadaas / anklets for Arya’s feet on Saturday. They have little ghungroos on them... so he goes chum chum chum the entire place now. My parlour lady wasn’t available to do Arya's haircut. The boy hair grows like anything. The last cut was just 2 months ago! I'll have to get it done coming weekend. I also put 4 of my dresses for stitching and counting days to get to wear them.

I visited my mom’s place. My parents were very happy to see their grandson say words like 'AAEEE, AATYA, AAJJI, MAMAA, PAAPA'. Yea Arya has started jabbering this for the past week and a half. It is such fun to watch. He opens his mouth wide AAAAHHH to say AAYEE. So now my aunt (UM) wants me to let him call her Aayi. She says he can call me Mama. :) I'm not sure but, OK.

My mom also got to experience what a tycoon my son could be. Running up to corners and climbing every piece of furniture!

On Sunday UM made Idli Sambar. In the evening we went out for Yogesh's collegues wedding. Weddings are fun and here I met the people he works with. I'm not saying fun food-wise, but emotions wise. It is a new start for the couple and everyone in their families. Or, am I too senti these days?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While we were travelling for the wedding, I had a sudden sharp pain in my right arm. And it didn’t go away. As always I began to wonder why...I had done a lot of cleaning work in the house over the weekend. Was that why? Or was it because I carried Arya over my arm for a long time to comfort him. Nope. It wouldn’t cause such a sharp pain. Was it the bike ride? Or was it carrying the laptop for so many days finally is having its toll?

Yogesh applied some ointment to it, yet I woke up in the middle of the night to reapply. I was thinking of the reason for the pain even in my sleep. And it suddenly struck me.... I had washed Yogesh shirt! 1 shirt! I can't imagine that I’ve become so delicate and pampered!

Kanchan believes that our (i.e. me and her) bodies are not made for physical labour. We are made for only light physical work, like sitting in front of a computer. I think she might be right! Is that funny?

No comments:

Post a Comment