Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Still humming the same song!

Does it happen to you? Do you wake up in your bed, and have some song playing in the mind for no reason at all? Yea?

Do we hear that song in our dream? Or has our subconscious mind heard it playing somewhere while we were sleeping? Was someone singing this song yesterday? Dunno.

But I know for sure that when I wake up in the morning with a song in my head, it plays endlessly throughout the day, even when I am working or feeding the baby. If I’m talking or focused elsewhere, the song comes back to me as soon as my mind has a few cells of free space to play. Sometimes it can be my favourite song, so for that day I'm fine. But a few times it is just some stupid song like an item number from a Hindi flick. And it won’t go away, no matter what! I’ve tried singing that song aloud, giving it due importance so it would go away. It doesn’t. I try singing something else ALOUD. But no help.

Today I woke up with another good song. It is from Linkin’ park, titled “Somewhere I belong”. The lyrics are good, but it has a very heavy music. I have a flair to remember the music - as is - from any song that I hear even a couple of times. And so I now have a head full of metal beating against each other with some fast paced wordings!

Here it goes...

I wanna heal, I wanna feel,
Like I’m close to something real.
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong


No comments:

Post a Comment