Friday, December 16, 2011

Missing the Baby

Dear Arya,

I am missing you a lot, just like most days in office. It is now 5.30 pm and it is still an hour and a half before I will see you again!

I love how you yell 'AYE AYE AAA' from inside the house the moment we knock the door ever so lightly. You are already waiting for us long before we knock. We love to hear your voice outside. It makes me smile even though I am tired.

You become so impatient for me to lift you up while I'm still dropping my helmet and removing my shoes. I know I should wash-up before I pick you up, but I can't let you down. After all you've been waiting... You get so excited, that you almost beat me up with both your fists, when I hug you, making me realize yet again what I am missing every day.

And you are getting sharper by the day. You have understood that when mom or dad wear helmets, they are leaving... and that's when you come to me so that I will hug you and maybe not go to office. It is your attempt to try and keep me home. You don't like it when I put you down or give you back to Maushi on my way out.

You've learnt to wave goodbye to me in the morning. It is heartbreaking. You don't realize yet that tata means we will be away from you for 9 hours!

Hey, it is nearing 6 pm now so I'll pack up to come home!

Love,
Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment