Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Why do I like an outing or a weekend chillin'-out with a toddler?

Y doesn't seem to have much time for outings with me and Arya due to his over-zealous work ethics, or maybe just the lack of desire to go out. So instead of waiting around and mopping for all the lost time and weekends gone waste, I've started going out with the other guy I love – Arya. And on a few occasions - my parents.

Arya is increasingly becoming my favourite outing companion. He doesn't ask me questions like -

·         "Why do we have to go that far, when we can go here?" (Why a mall when we can go to the dukaan-vala? Why the Zoo when we can go to a garden in our society?)

·         "Can we go later?" (To make sure that I forget it.)

·         "Let's eat at home and then leave" (So we don't have to spend time eating out. And save bucks!)

·         "Do you need to buy it when you already have XYZ blah blah blah?"

Arya loves to go wherever I take him, be it a local grocery shop or a mall. He eats whatever food we buy and wherever we buy it (*touchwood*), loves it when I shop for myself or the family. I can try on clothes and show them to him. He says things like 'Mumma tu hey ghe'/'Mumma tu chhan distey'/'Boo-te-fool aahe vah vah mumma' (Mumma buy this/you look good/It's very beautiful.)

He dances to songs being played in malls like Central (CenTRRRal), Pantaloons, CCD or Barista. He doesn’t want me to hurry up and go home. He likes to hold my hand while shopping, and hug me when he feels like! (Y this is for you!)

He is also a great companion in the car, talking all the way, offering kiddie suggestions for kiddie issues, listening to songs and singing them, etc. He insists on being strapped with the seat belt each time he sits inside. If I say ‘khup traffic aahe aaj Arya’, he says ‘halu halu jau mumma’ or ‘kay kalaycha mumma? Khup taffic aahe!’

Some problems I face when I am out alone with Arya are that I have to make sure he stays within my sight, and I’ve to carry all the bags plus hold his hand. If he is hungry, thirsty or tired, I have to make sure he gets attention immediately, else it becomes difficult. The solution is to prepare beforehand or to make short trips.

Two other key issues are that I have to drive, and I have to spend from my pocket :). Y has an upper hand here.

With my mom and dad I've recently been to Khadakwasala Dam, MTDC Karla, Vashi at Mani's place, and Matheran with Mani's family. Missed Y in these trips but such is life. They are great company too. They keep talking a lot, making sure there is no silence during the journey or wherever we reach. Arya loves their company and I can relax a bit with them.

Some pics to remember.

Arya and dad at Khadakwasala dam in Pune (Aug2013)
Arya and me enjoying Camel ride at Khadakwasala dam in Pune (Aug2013)
Arya and me enjoying Camel ride at Khadakwasala
dam in Pune (Aug2013)




Arya, me, mom, maushi at Khadakwasala
dam in Pune (Aug2013)
 
Arya enjoying boat ride at MTDC resort
Karla, Pune (Nov2013)



Arya hungry at MTDC resort Karla,
Pune (Nov2013)


Arya talking to ducks at MTDC resort
Karla, Pune (Nov2013)


MTDC Karla resort layout (Nov2013)


Dad, mangal, Arya, mom at MTDC Karla


Me and Arya at Charlotte lake in Matheran (Dec2013)






Arya, Dad, Mom at Rugby resort in
Matheran (Dec2013)






Me, Arya, Dad, horseriding in
Matheran (Dec2013)






No comments:

Post a Comment