Monday, February 10, 2014

So, How was your weekend?

Friend: "How was your weekend, Kavita?”

Me (in my mind): "You must have gone sightseeing / to movies / to the restaurants /
visited friends / did loads of shopping right?

Me (aloud): It was ok. What did you do?

Do they ask that question so they can tell us what they did? Very few friends ask it with true intention in mind – i.e. to know how you were. Isn't that true?

Anyway, I don’t mind the question and I am ok with listening to stories. I do not feel guilty or miserable listening to them as my priorities are different.

My usual weekend is, taking care of pending house work, giving undivided attention to Arya who has not had enough of me throughout the week, watching some TV, reading books, going down in the parking for a walk, but majorly, cooking something out of the ordinary for the family. This list would match that of many other parents’ like me.

This weekend Y and me cooked (Biyancha Bhaat, Sambar, Bangda Fry, Thalipeeth, etc.) combining Saturday and Sunday.

This weekend Y was a darling. *Touchwood* Was this an after-effect of him reading my last post? I'm wondering. He had a hectic week in office from the 1st of Feb due to events in the college, but on Friday he came home early. I too went early from work, to discover a box of pizza in the house, for me! Surprise! I loved it! And apparently Arya did to, since he too pounced on it. Sometimes I don’t like sharing. Really.

After that we went to ....wait...brace for impact...sit on a chair and hold it tight.......
 


 
Buy a cool, new, Smartphone for me!
 


 
Yea! I bought my first smartphone. My very own Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro in Black. Y was very happy buying it for me, and wanted me to start using it right away. I wanted to keep it aside for a few more days. I'm a cheapo that way.

On hearing of the purchase and receiving my Whatsapp message (is it Watsapp or Whatsapp???? whatever), my sister couldn't believe it. Mani thinks that I still light the fire with stones. I do think that Whatsapp is cool but not indispensable and it is addictive. I’m planning to use it with some judgement.

After the purchase, Y said we can buy a stand for keeping utensils in the kitchen. We did, and it has organized the kitchen a lot. Until we invest big money in a modular kitchen, this item would do.

Arya loved helping us by moving items in the kitchen and living area. He is a busy kid. I gave him a big bag of onions and garlic to keep in the balcony. We do that to dry them a little, so they don’t spoil. Arya had to run from kitchen to balcony holding a few each time. It kept him busy.

There are a lot of smaller but amazing things we did during the weekend at home. I taught Arya where his rung was in the shoe rack. Now he keeps his chappals just there! BTW Arya has stopped using diapers too, all of his own accord. He assured me and Y that it’s not required. *I’m keeping my fingers crossed*

I digress. This weekend was amazing, and I have received amazing news now, that Y has cleared a major exam. Yay!

The irony is that no one has asked me today how my weekend was!

Lesson learnt - Ask the question yourself when you have so much to tell! Right!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment