Friday, April 19, 2013

Chubby cheeks, Dimple chin

When I woke up yesterday morning, Arya was already staring at my face, waiting for me to wake up. When I did, he began poking my cheeks and eyes, saying 'A Mumma, A Mumma'. This is our routine.
 
Arya (poking my cheek): "Mumma..... Chubby cheeks, Dimple cheeen".

Wow! I couldn't believe that he said those words. He cannot talk clearly yet, and I have never attempted to teach him to say these words. You know, like lots of parents who make kids repeat words after them.

We do have videos of nursery rhymes, and me and Yogesh sing them for him sometimes. We teach him parts of the body though.
 
So this little guy sang the above 4 words. I once again underestimated him and began repeating the same line over and over again.

Arya (pointing at my teeth): "Mhan" (Say).

Me (now getting it): "Rosy lips, teeth within."

Arya (pulling his hair now): "Mhan hail". (Say hair)

Me: "Curly hair, very fair. Eyes are blue, lovely two."

At this he poked his finger in my left eye.
 
Me: "Mothers pet is that you?"

Arya: "Yessss, yesssss, yessss"

.....................................

Oh, yes and he keeps saying 'Jindal bell, jindal bell' for the song 'Jingle bells jingle bells jingle all they way.

He makes nice hand gestures for 'Twinkle twinke little star'. I have taught him to make a diamond shape with his two hands for this rhyme. The poor guy puts a huge effort to do it in a hurry before the last line is over. He repeats 'Tinkle tinkle, staal'. He points to stars on his bed cover and says 'Mumma, bagh tinkle stal'. (Mom, look there is a twinkling star.)

I think his rhymes are going to be fun!
 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:15 AM

    My brother suggested I might like this blog. He was
    totally right. This post truly made my day. You can not imagine simply
    how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!


    my blog post - Bubbles and Giggles Nursery. Nursery for children 1 - 4 years

    ReplyDelete