Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ordinary days that are not so common

Yesterday evening I asked Yogesh to stop by a fish vendor. He agreed immediately, bringing a smile to my lips.

Arya was handled by Yogesh/Maushi while I cooked the fish.

I loved the steaming aroma of fish in the house. Rice, fish and dal – yea I love it. It is a soul food for me and a comfort food too. I should have been born in Bengal or Kerala I guess. Both guys in my house love it too, so no complains.

Had a restful night’s sleep and no early morning car driving lessons today.

The sky is lightly clouded and the weather is coldish.

I had called up Arya’s maid. He seemed to be playing as his voice reached me from her phone. I told her to teach him some words like tea, coffee, water, ball, bat, etc.

I can’t complain about work load in office. I’m just doing some avra-avri i.e. some data organizing on my laptop for ready reference next time.

Work-desk got shifted, but I didn’t mind much. I’m not going to let this spoil my day!

Now I’m sitting at my deck sipping a cup of hot lemon tea and writing this blog.

The only thing missing is my favorite coarse plain brown shawl and a pillow and I’m done! (I love the rough texture of that shawl. It feels very cozy.)

Ordinary days  - I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment