Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pune is waiting for the rains. I am too.

We havent purchased our raincoats yet. Yogesh too doesn't have one. We, like many dedicated stingy Punekars will buy them only when we get drenched in heavy rains a few times. Sadly we haven't seen the rain that our normal wind cheaters cannot handle. And it is mid July now!

Where is the rain? Have we driven it away?

It may be an inconvenience when you go to office half drenched. It is a risk to drive amidst rains. It is yucky to get mud splashed on you. But I've always loved to feel the rain whenever I can. To look out of the window when it is raining, to drink hot black tea, and to have kanda-bhaji (onion pakode) when it is raining is amazing.

As a kid I always made sure that I go out when it was raining heavily - at least once. I did those crazy things like making paper boats, and I also sent small insects on big leaves to unknown destinations via the streamlets in my building compound.


Rainy road
 I remember when I was doing my MBA from Dept. of management sciences, Pune University, I absolutely loved the campus. I wish I had clicked photos of me there. I knew back then too that I will want photos of me in PU later, but simply ignored it at that time! Well, it is still green, but it doesn't feel the same now. There were times when I would go home from college on my puny little bike (Sunny) soaking in the rain, with people looking at me as though I was crazy. 

I even went home soaking wet in the rain on purpose while I was in my previous company. This year I might have to do it due to lack of raincoat though.

So when will it be?  

No comments:

Post a Comment