Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Why watch a movie with a baby around?

I am a soft romance movies fan. I love movies like Only You, One Fine Day, DDLJ and the sorts. Before I start let me mention that I hate 'P.S. I love you’. It is a depressing movie about lost love that always makes me think all sorts of things that could happen and I start relating to the character a little too much. Similarly I do love serials that have romance as a theme.

There was this serial some time ago aired on Star World/HBO I don't remember - Sex and the City. It wasn’t very romantic. It revolved around 4 New York women who search for different things in life and how their friendship evolves. It also showed their relationships and NY fashion. Recently one of my friends gave me this pen-drive with the movie version of the same serial. It had the sequel too. These movies are fun to watch.

I can't sit across the TV and watch anything without interruption due to Arya, the chores or Arya's chores. So I watch few scenes and if Arya wants to eat, I miss 15 mins of the movie. Yogesh continues watching, so the movie proceeds. I come back and don't want to rewind it to start from the scene I was on. (Why spoil the fun for both?). Some minutes later, we get corporation water. The supply is timed, so Yogesh has to fill it up and store it. He misses a few scenes, but the movie continues, don't know for whom? This happens on and off.

Later when I see that he is not going to be around for a long time, I rewind to watch it, and he does the same. So actually we end up watching the same movie multiple times, in random scene order and making up the story in our heads. I don't understand why film editors take so much trouble compiling it! Thus, over the weekend and 2 more days, I have still not seen the entire movie and have also lost the desire to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment