Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Arya's talking!

Yea, he was talking in his own language for a long time with words like Aaaiee, Paapaa, Ajee, Atya, mamma, etc. but never meaningfully addressing people or objects.

On Sunday the 6th of May, we were going to Kandala for Pranjal's 3rd birthday. She is Arya's cousin. Arya already got the vibes that we were going out, so he kept roaming behind people to get him ready too. He even cooperated with wearing the diaper!

When we were almost done, my dad started calling to people "Chala, Chala, Chala lavkar" and began walking towards the door. Arya understood and shouted "Chala, Chala!!!" He too walked to the door. I was so thrilled! I wished Yogesh was there to see it! It was the first time Arya said something with understanding. And I can't believe my baby's first words were not 'mamma' or 'papa', but 'Chala'!

He didn't repeat the same words again when we prompted, but when we came back my aunt asked me to get the water bottle to the kitchen, and Arya said - "Batli (bottle)"

Now I have to decide if I like being called 'Aai' or 'Mamma'!

No comments:

Post a Comment