Monday, April 09, 2012

Arya at 15 months old


Long time since I have posted something about Arya and his progress. I want to write it somewhere to remember it in a few years...

Walking:

Enough!!! He is testing my patience! It’s a big wait for me to see him start walking. I have heard from other mommies that once he starts it, I would get no rest. Ideally I should be happy to wait.

Teething:

He has sprouted 4 teeth now and can bite. Whenever he wants to show love, he bangs his head on mine, scratch my face with nails that I had cut yesterday, or bite me on hands, legs and face. I have read that I should not encourage this behavior, and I don’t, yet he is not showing signs of slowing down!

Talking:

He talks a lot in a baby language saying, “Mum mum mum” very clearly although not to me. He says it to the person he wants work done from, like hoisting him up so he could see what’s cooking in the kitchen.

He can say AAI (again not to me). But he knows who’s-who now. He looks at the right person when we say – “Pappa kuthe aahet (Where is your dad?)” Or “Go to your mom.”

He understands simple sentences like “Paani pii” and searches for his sipper and to drink water from it.

These days he is doing babb babb babb babb with his lips and ‘Ha Ha Ha’ at the end of Johnny Johnny.

Mangal has taught him to do boova ala, making an ‘O’ with his lips pulled inside his mouth!

Peekaboo!:

He loves peekaboo! Okay - all babies do. But it is real fun to play it with your own baby. And they seem to take it so seriously. (Did I write about this before?). To start the game I just need to say “Arya kuuuuthe??” OR “Mee kuuthe” (Where’s Arya?/Where am I?)

When I say the former, he knows that he is supposed to hide. He takes only 2 spots to hide, either behind our kitchen half-wall or between the curtains.

He crawls and sits behind the kitchen wall at the same spot each time, eagerly looking over the corner with eyes wide and alert, smiling all the time. The moment you say “Sapadla” (Caught), he laughs so much, sometimes touching his head to the ground or rolling on the floor (ROFL – only babies can do it).

The other spot is the curtains. He cannot really move them and go behind yet. He just goes and sits in between the folds, clearly visible to everyone in the house. Me or Yogesh have to still say “Arya kuthe, Arya kuthe (Where’s Arya)”, looking in all directions but one. And then shout “Sapadla”, starting the giggles all over again.

There is yet another way he has devised all by himself! He just goes and sits right behind you, either leaning his back on yours, or sitting facing it, for you to search him. You have to look around and pretend to search him for a while until he slowly pokes his head and shows himself, laughing all the while. This is a sweet trap though… he repeats this as long as he has your back accessible and you can’t say no.

He also looks for us throughout the house and loves when we jump out of hiding.

Cricket:

He has a plastic bat and different balls to play Cricket with. He pretty much smashes the ball with all his force using the bat. This is a single person play. He hits the ball and crawls speedily with the bat in hand behind it to hit it again. Sometimes we help by throwing the ball to him.

At times we find him lying facing down on the floor and his bat extended below the sofa or the table trying to nudge the ball out (Who taught him this?). BTW Cricket can also be played with brooms and onions too, if you do not have bat and ball. Who knew?

Chicken:

Arya has a toy chicken. Actually it is a cock. It flaps it wings and runs ahead when we pull its string. We’ve had many laughs at the expense of this toy. Sometimes it runs in the kitchen and we say that it wants us to it. Arya beats it up a lot, tries to remove its wings, and sometimes pushes it very hard for it to run ahead. The cock just lies there ‘cause it was lying sidewise in the first place. Arya beats it up all over again.

I hope all these sweet memories never fail me in future. I also know that I will collect more and more such sweet things to remember each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment