Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tears? Why?


I was always an emotional person. There’s always some reason for me to feel terribly happy or terribly sad.

One source of the sad feelings is the news. I try, but I can’t keep myself away from TV news or online news sites. I do not log into news sites per se, but Yahoo, Gmail or Rediff give latest happenings on their home pages / personalized pages.

The most recent reason for my grieving is reading about Baby Falak’s demise.

I initially read about this on TOI website. After that I could not help but read about the baby’s condition every morning when I came to office. If I knew she was about to have yet another major surgery I would also check on the site how it went and how she was coping up. I have felt so much sympathy for her – I almost felt connected to her. I couldn’t believe what she went through - suffering and enduring so much pain when she should be smiling and playing, getting adored for her small baby antics. Falak’s story had gripped the entire world. Many wanted to adopt her post release from hospital, despite her medical condition later.

Be it motherhood or the fact that I am a woman; I cannot bear to see any child in pain, missing from home, or physically abused. Luckily, I didn’t have to do moral policing to other parents ‘cause I have a very good friends and family circle around me who treat their kids like angels.

When I heard that Falak has passed away, I couldn’t keep the tears away. I feeling sorry for her, or wanting punishment for the culprits does not erase what she might have gone through when she was being treated like that. I don’t want to hope for her go to heaven, because heaven should be experienced when you are alive.

And now there is another similar story about Baby Afreen. Again I haven’t yet logged in to new sites to read about her. It is on email home pages. Media sensationalizes such news to get more hits on their web pages.

Such baby-battering cases are social issues that I hope we overcome in years to come.

Meanwhile I am trying to keep myself away from tragic stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment