Thursday, September 20, 2012

Patharvat - Amar Sheikh


A few days back, I remembered a poem I was taught in school in Marathi. I had loved it back then too and now I realize the core meaning of this. The poet tells us to come together and help break our old, obsolete beliefs and superstitions. The poet calls us to build a new society with new thoughts and ambitions that will take humanity back to glory.
Patharvat - Amar Sheikh
 
Junaat imala zala saara

Paduni taaka deuni dhakka

Aaj imarat junaat zali

Jeev akaran martil khali

Mhanuni adhi ya

Padun taka

Maara haka jamva loka

Lokashakticha sadhuni moka

Padun taaka

Aanik bandha navi imarat

Patharvat me navya yugatil ahech sobat

Asen jari me adnya rangada

Ek dagad tari ghadu dya re ya majhya hatuni

Ek channicha ek ghaav tari basudya re ya dagadavari

Manavteche navin mandir

Yethe banddha ya jagevar

Padun taka deuni dhakka

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:46 PM

    Congrats ~ Found your blog on Google while searching for a related topic, your site came up, it looks good, keep them coming !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by...

      Kavita.
      kavitachate.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  2. Thanks mate! I had been searching for this one a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:35 AM

    Very good information. Lucky me I came across your
    website by chance (stumbleupon). I've book marked it
    for later!

    ReplyDelete