Wednesday, January 11, 2012

TV, Tooth and Arya

Wanted to write so many stories over the days but didn’t get enough time. So here is one now. Of course it is about Arya. Writing about something else will require even more time.

Arya is smarter now. (Yea, I’m writing this for the 100th time). The other day he was standing near the sofa chair that I was sitting on. While playing, he dropped the TV remote on the floor and I told him to give it back. And hey, the little guy carefully sat next to the chair and tried to grab the remote. After three tries, he managed to get it. He looked up and handed the remote to me! He understood me even though he cannot talk a word!

Yea and he does know what to do with the remote when it is in his hand. He holds it up in the direction of the TV and presses several buttons at a time. He also looks up at the TV to confirm if something has happened!

To continue the TV story, my boy now goes to the STB directly and presses many of the buttons on it. Just to remind you, we have already paid few hundred bucks to get a new remote when he had dropped it. STB replacement will cost more. So this one presses buttons on the STB and cranes his neck up, towards the TV, to see if something has changed! Who told him this? I have changed channels only a couple of times from STB when the remote was too far off!

Ok, moving on.

He knows his name is ARYA now. I think he can say it too. It is just not very clear yet and I am not sure if he says ARYA. He pronounces it ‘AA EEE YA’. I would want to believe that he calls his name.

About 3 weeks back my baby has sprouted his first tooth! Yea! Finally I can feel something hard and sharp in his mouth! It is not all the way out yet. It is just a small point. But it is so funny. Sometimes when he remembers his tooth, he tries to chew a small grain of rice with full concentration. His face holds a frown and the sweet and round lower jaw does the work. It is so cute to watch! I’m thinking wow what a logic kids have – food+tooth=chew!

1 comment: