Thursday, June 19, 2014

Work and Arya's songs

It’s been a long time since I have blogged. I was eye deep in work and other things. I have stepped on many toes in these 2 months.

Office:
Last month was like ‘a dream month’ for me. I worked hard on many new things in office and got decent outcomes. I am awaiting the results for some of them. *touchwood*  

Of course the work is increasing. I had to travel to Mumbai to get something done. I stayed in Mani’s house when her family was in Goa! It was fun.

They want me to do product presentations and demos to the clients. Did I lose the touch? I came to know in a presentation that I am not afraid of talking but I need to prepare more on the subject matter. I am learning some new technologies too, that will help me to board a new bus.

Then again, I kept having migraine for 2 weeks after taking the yellow fever vaccine. I was also diagnosed with low levels of whatever vitamins there are in the world. I am doing things to improve this now.

Relatives:

While the above was on, my maternal uncle passed away and I drove my parents to his house. I waited there during the day with Arya in the scorching heat. Arya fell ill for a week after that.

Family:

Yogesh had to travel to Nagpur for a few days, but now he has his holidays going on. He is doing lots around the house these days. The poor guy hardly gets enough credit. He really cares in his own way, and tries to manage things. Ok see, I can do it! I too can compliment. (BTW, I am waiting for him to do few other things he had promised to me. Women are never content.)

Arya is turning into a hooligan. He keeps head-butting me and Yogesh unexpectedly, anywhere on our bodies. He can talk like an old granny sometimes and like a 6 month old kid the other times.

     He sings -

·         Gurur Brahma Gurur Vishnu (complete, with funny words like Bam-da instead of Brahma, and Mahesh-vada instead of Maheshvara)

·         Shubham karoti (full version with his own variations)

·         Ganadhish jo ish (first 2 lines)

·         Jana gana mana (entirely)

·         Gayatri mantra (full version with variations)

·         Prabhat vandana. Prabhate karadarshanam

·         Je ja ranjale ganjale (some lines of Abhang by Bhimsen Joshi)

Bollywood songs that he sings (2 lines each) –

·         Yashomati mayyia se bole nandalala (few lines)

·         Chanda hai tu, mera suraj hai tu (many lines)

·         Tera mujhse hai pehele ka naata (1st para)

·         Balam pichkari/

·         Tum hi ho ashiqui ab tum hi ho

·         Babydoll mai sone di

·         Lungi dance

·         1 2 3 4 get on the dance floor

·         Taki taki from himmatwala

·         Nagaade sang Dhol baje from the new Deepika movie
He runs in the house looking for me when my favourite song is playing on TV, shouting ‘Tujha gana lagla!’

If I am thoughtful, he comes and says ‘Mumma, kay jhala tula. Ghabru nako.’

On a Saturday, when Yogesh left for office he said ‘Pappa kamavar gele mhanun tu chup basil ka?’

While cleaning something if I cough he says, ‘saokash saokash, mi pani anto, thamb’ (granny style). He even says ‘kahi nahi hot’. He gets ointment if I come home tired.

Kids are real angles 5% of the time!

Other times he hits us, doesn’t want food, doesn’t want to go to school, doesn’t want to brush/bathe, doesn’t want to sleep, doesn’t want to read/draw, doesn’t want to eat (did I write this), doesn’t want to sit silent, doesn’t want to take medicines!!!!!! The list never ends.

Continued….

No comments:

Post a Comment