Thursday, March 08, 2012

Holi and Woman's Day 2012

I’m feeling like writing something in detail, but there are so many topics. So I’ll just write about them here in short.
  • Driving to office 

    • Came to office alone today on my bike after many months. I’ve gotten used to Yogesh driving. I just sit behind doing nothing but watch the houses and streets go by. I’ve also gotten used to his company all the way for the 1 hour drive. Plus I am a lazy person when it comes to driving. I had tried emotional blackmail with him in the morning for dropping me here, but it didn’t work. He’s getting good. Well, missed him.  


    • Streets were bare today on account of a holiday for Holi. It felt good to drive when I started. I remembered that this was how driving in Pune used to be about 6 years back when I first begun driving. Actually I liked driving today. Felt independent once again. I know that tomorrow I wouldn’t want to drive. A woman’s mind can be so complicated!  


    • Elections have given Pune smooth & silky roads. Rains will again change them to a more familiar sight. Wondering why roads cannot last more than a few months. Yes, politics and strategy by road contractors is the reason.


    • Not too much pollution on roads today. Government should give more such holidays for the environment.
  • Not being at home

    • I’m missing Arya and know that Yogesh must be enjoying his company. Jealous? You bet. I hate the days when Yogesh has a holiday and I don't! Sincerely. I’m not a hopeless romantic, but I just feel good to be home when everyone is home. Saturdays, he goes to work and I’m home – it’s not the same.
  • Women's day today

    • It is women’s day today and I am feeling something for the first time. Pride, Solidarity, Appreciation, Respect – a little of each. Earlier I used to feel that people have just hyped the concept. Today after a marriage and a baby and a job, I think differently. Someone has written to us – “Many of you manage a tough balancing act between your personal and professional lives and I am aware that there would have been times when you had to make personal sacrifices and trade precious moments for guilt.” Very thoughtful.


    • Yogesh hasn’t wished me yet. He forgot about mother’s day too last year, when it was my first!


    • HR person on the floor is planning some event for women’s day today. Company is also planning something different.
  • Holi today and Shimga!

    • Missing my lunch and breakfast friends in office. No one to chitchat with me on our internal messenger. I’ll have to search some company for lunch.


    • Today, people in my society "CasaPoli, Wakad" are playing colors in the club house. I don’t play colors but enjoy watching people play.


    • I got a pichkari for Arya for Holi. Since he cannot hold a water gun in his hand, I got a cute Spiderman water-toy for him. It is a small plastic toy where you can fill water from his head, and press a black button on his stomach. When you press the button, the Spiderman pees on your face! A water jet! Arya was so happy to see Spidey pee! He began pressing that guy’s stomach again and again. It was fun. And we fooled Maushi too – asking her to press the button!


    • Arya saw Holika Dahan yesterday. Saw that there are lots of sweet children in the building. Women are bonding with neighbors. Unfortunately I haven’t gotten to speak to many women due to my office hours and baby care. Well, someday I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment