Friday, June 26, 2009

Do we still believe that there's good in the world!!!!

I drive a cool TVS Scooty Pep+ to my office every day. Suddenly I noticed that the headlights of the bike weren't working at all. I wondered when I could take it for servicing. So I am still using it without headlights.

Usually I leave my office at 7.30pm or so... and it gets pretty dark outside. I still had to take the risk of riding the bike home (it’s just 10 minutes away if I take the national highway). And just within 2 minutes of my slow and careful drive on NH4, I noticed that 2 guys were following me on a bike.

Well it started like this. I overtook them from my left and I think that triggered it. Girls know that most guys have this fear that if a girl overtakes their vehicle, they wouldn’t be able to show their face to the world :)

Well so these guys began driving exactly parallel to me, slowing down when I did and accelerating when I sped up. I didn't know what to do... the pillion rider was staring at me and talking to the driver. It was scary and weird. It's not that it was the first time this happened, but then I had options to drive the way I want. This time it was not so since I had 0 lights and was forced to drive slow. I was hoping that the busy signal ahead (8 mins away) comes up ASAP, and that I take the small service road to my house.

Suddenly a thought crossed my mind. 'Are these guys following me just to make sure that I was safe… driving close by so that I can drive with the light from their bike!?' Crazy thought for a cynical person like me, eh?

The signal approached and I took the service road to my house. These guys were already on the flyover and were still looking at me when I disappeared in the lane... I don't know why.

I don’t know if they meant well. Why is it so hard to believe that people have good intentions? I'm still wondering… whether they were trying to help me OR it was just another incident of harassment. I truly want to believe the former for once...

No comments:

Post a Comment