Monday, June 01, 2009

Bird watching (in a good way hehe )

I always love watching birds, on trees, on windows, on electricity poles, on the wires …everywhere. They are chubby, chirpy, and so very active! I love to see them crane their necks to see some object or move their eyes from side to side. It is very lively. Such small creatures and so much enthusiasm for things!
Anyway, lately I have shifted to a seat near a huge window. The window is wall to wall and ceiling to floor and I have a beautiful view from the stained glass.

Now here's the thing. I have a regular feathered visitor on this window sill on the fifth floor. The bird comes everyday in the afternoon and rests on my window. With twigs in its beak, it surely is building a nest somewhere near this building. Of course it doesn’t know that it is sitting soooo close to a human being! Sometimes it stares at my window straight at me. It can see its own reflection; it stares for a few seconds at the image and flies away.

The other day, it was raining heavily and this little fellow sat near that window for shelter. I showed it to my colleague Jayant who told me that it is a 'Titvi (Marathi)', which is a Redwattled Lapwing. The bird has reddish brown wings with black feathers on the neck and head, and a white belly. I know that there are birds that are far more cute, but this one is great to look at. Now that it comes here every day, I think I've formed some sorta bond with it.

Waiting for it to come by even today :D

No comments:

Post a Comment