Friday, February 13, 2009

Healthy food - try creating a diet chart

Our discussion began when me and my hubby Yogesh were driving to my mom's place. He was telling me that we should eat 1 cup of Matki (a sprouted lentil) everyday in the morning, and that too uncooked (yucks).

Frankly speaking I am overwhelmed with the dosages of health tips from the Internet already. All these health gurus or doctors keep telling us to ... Eat 1 serving of spinach per week... OR Eat Omega 3 rich Salmon and Tuna every week!... Go eat blackberries.. Eat multi colored (dark) foods for more antioxidants, Eat almonds, Eat dates, Eat this and Eat that. If any of these doctors combine all these health advices over all the sites, and try to create a food chart for a week, I'm sure they wouldnt be able to cram even 10% of these into a single week. Moreover there are other overwhelming lists like.. what not to eat, how too cook and how not to cook to best preserve the nutrients, how many days to store the food before it is useless!!!!

I must give due credit to Yogesh though, for pursuading me to eat salads. Now I can atleast say that I've started incorporating something healthy in my diet. I'm sure he will have more tips!

A simple person like me would want to eat healthy food, but wouldn't know when and what. And the Internet is doing a great job of creating confusion and guilt conscience in my mind. Cause now although I am aware that I should be eating XYZ, I either do not know when, Or how much.
I think thats why there are nutritionists. But let's not get into this .... it'll require a separate blog for that ;)

For now i'll go with whatever is in my tiffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment