Monday, August 03, 2015

Do I need to be happy?

Why do I need to be happy? Happiness is a human term, and I don't think I should struggle so much to be happy.

I don't want to spend my life in a lengthy pursuit of happiness, when I know it is not worth it. Reasons? One, it doesn't last. Two, it is already too late when you find some. Three, it requires too much of an effort. Four, it is too little if you even find it.

Can't living suffice? I mean I am alive today and breathing. I will live this day and if I am lucky the next one too.  Isn't that enough?

There are so many books written on How to be Happy. So many blogs, so many training sessions, so many do gooders telling you how to be happy. I wonder why?

But what if just living monotonous isn't enough? What if at the age of 70 (if that is in my cards) I find that 'How I lived my life was very important' and then it would be truly late. Regret again is a concept created by humans.

I think "Living my life without regrets" - should be the motto. To live by this motto, I will need to make so many changes.

Again, are all the changes worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment